Nefab GreenCALC certified by Bureau Veritas
Bureau Veritas has certified that Nefab GreenCALC is compliant with all specifications of the ISO 14040 and ISO 14044.
In 2012, after one and a half year of work in close collaboration with EVEA (French Environmental consulting company), we launched Nefab GrenCALC.
Nefab GreenCALC is an environmental impact calculator that analyzes the environmental impact of packaging solutions according to several impact categories. Based on the Life-Cycle Assessment methodology, GreenCALC enables an environmental analysis of a packaging over its life-cycle. The tool gives Nefab engineers the possibility to:
- Deliver to our customers a precise value of the environmental impact of their packaging according to several environmental indicators
- Strengthen the eco-design efficiency by calculating the environmental impact of the packaging solution already in the conception phase
- Implement packaging solutions that reduce the total environmental impact
In April 2015, Bureau Veritas has certified that Nefab GreenCALC is compliant with all specifications of the ISO 14040 and ISO 14044 according to the following principles:
- Relevance: the specific needs of the intended users are taken into account in the methodology
- Completeness: all emissions related to the environmental indicators selected are taken into account
- Consistency: the calculation of the environmental impact are consistent with the intended use and the scope in order to allow comparisons
- Accuracy: the calculation method offering the highest accuracy is always preferred, when available
- Transparency: emission factors and other references are appropriately documented and verifiable
For more information about Nefab GreenCALC, please click here.