Packaging for Crank Shafts
The Customer Case:
Customer was experiencing problems with corrosion and damage to parts that they received from sub suppliers in Italy. Their current solution wooden crates or low quality plywood crates with dessicant and poly bags
The Nefab Solution:
Nefab designed a combination of collapsible, nail-less plywood boxes (Nefab ExPak) and VCI (Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor) bags. This proved to be an optimal solution that eliminated the corrosion problems the customer had encountered, and it proved to be the preferred solution for their suppliers.
- Stronger packaging solution
- Improved quality of packaging
- One source for all packaging products
- Saved approx. $250k USD in less than 12 months due to the elimination of corrosion problems.
- Reduced transportation cost, from sending bad components back to the OEMs and suppliers for rework.