RePak Returnable Plywood Boxes
Nefab Returnable/Reusable Packaging (RePak) is designed for reasonably large returnable flows. RePak is made with a lightweight plywood material and steel hinges that provide a high collapsibility ratio and easy handling and assembly.
In today’s business and manufacturing environment, the words ‘kaizen’, ‘lean manufacturing’ and ‘environmental impact’ are dominating the agenda. Companies are continuously looking into options that make their processes more efficient. How to improve packaging and logistics is an important part of this focus.
Implementing a reusable packaging system means that once the goods arrive at their final destination, the packaging must be collected and sent back to the distribution point. The use of collapsible packaging makes the return freight a minor cost factor, however the most successful systems have a limited number of distribution points. This way you can keep track of your packaging and minimize losses. It is also important to have a reasonable amount of cycles in your goods flow. Having more cycles a year means you need fewer boxes in the system, thus reducing your investment amount. A good rule of thumb is to have the packaging complete at least four cycles per year to be profitable.
NEFAB RePak returnable packaging is compliant with international phytosanitary requirements (ISPM 15).
During regular operating conditions, a single NEFAB Reusable Crate can replace more than 50 expendable packages.
Benefits of returnable plywood containers:
- Customizable. Everything from the dimensions, handling, pallet options, and more can be adapted to your needs.
- Collapsible. A Nefab RePak can collapse to 1/5th the size of an assembled package, so it saves valuable warehouse space and freight costs.
- Lifespan. Nefab's resuable crates have been known to last over 250 uses.
- Stackability. Designed with strength and durability in mind, you can stack these crates sky high.
- Cost Savings. With the ability to be collapsed, return frieght costs are drastically reduced due to optimizing the transport.
- Easy to assemble. The Nefab RePak can be assembled within a minute or two by a single operator.
Types of returnable containers:
Nefab RePak P
Durable, flexible pallet collar system with for or six galvanized steel hinges.